Schools must replace old electrical wires – Fire Service

wiring changes must be done

The Ghana National Fire Service has advised managers of the country’s boarding Senior High Schools (SHS) to replace old electrical wiring as an effective measure of preventing fire outbreak in schools.

According to the Public Relations Officer of the Service, Bill Anaglatey, a study conducted by the Service in various schools show that the increasing number of fire outbreaks in schools are caused by old electrical wires.

Statistics from the Service further showed that five different Senior High Schools (SHS) have experienced fire outbreak since the beginning of this year.

These include the Girls Dormitory of the Ghana Senior High School in Koforidua in the Eastern Region and the Administration Block of the Tuobodom Senior High School at Techiman in the Brong Ahafo Region.

Speaking to Citi News, the Deputy Public Relations Officer of the Service, Billy Anaglatey, called on school heads to replace old electrical wires to prevent any major disaster.

“It varies from one school to the other but looking at it, the trend detects that most of these fires were electrically connected. If you look at most of these high schools that we have, you also agree that most of those schools have been in existence for so many years that will tell you that their electrical wires are averaged which is also a good recipe for fire outbreaks.

“The only way that they will be able to prevent these things is to ensure that these electrical wires are replaced.”

Source:citifmonline.com



You may also like...

Search Ghana Class

Featured Ghana Video