President Akufo-Addo, will from today [Friday, 10th August 2018] begin his tour of the Ashanti Region.
The 5-day tour of the region forms part of his ongoing nationwide visit.
The President has in the last few months been on a nationwide tour that has seen him visit the various regions to interact with the chiefs and people there.
So far, he has visited the Brong Ahafo, Western, Volta, Northern, Upper East and Upper West regions.
President Akufo-Addo will pay a courtesy call on the Asantehene, Otumfuo Osei Tutu II, at the Manhyia Palace.
Later, he will visit the Asokwa, Nhyiaeso, Bosomtwe, Bantama, Sekyere Central, Nsuta-Kwamang-Beposo, Mampong, Subin, Ahafo-Ano South, Kwadaso, Atwima Kwanwoma and Oforikrom constituencies.
Other Engagements of the Tour
1. While in the region, Nana Addo will launch the Kumasi Roads Facelift Programme at Atonsu in the Asokwa Constituency and visit the Vesta Oil Factory at Bosomtwe.
2. He will further inspect ongoing works on the Manhyia-Bantama Asphalt Overlay Project at Abrepo in the Bantama Constituency.
3. Nana Addo is expected to hold interactions with the Chiefs and religious leaders of the region, inspection of ongoing construction works of a 1-District-1-Warehouse project at Mampong, cutting of the sod for the construction of the Wioso-Mpasaaso Road Project.
4. On Monday, August 13, 2018, the president will launch the Youth in Afforestation Programme, and also inspect ongoing works on the Trede-Ahodwo Road Project, as well as visit a 1-District-1-Factory Project site in Kaase.
5. He will also participate in the 29th Biennial General Council Meeting of the Assemblies of God Church, to be held at the Kwame Nkrumah University of Science and Technology.
The Regional tours are to allow the president acquaint himself with the level of developments in the country.
President Akufo-Addo will return to Accra on Tuesday, August 14, 2018.
By: Nii Larte Lartey/citinewsroom/Ghana